The Special Music School Fundraising Model: Academics
We’ll get right to the point: the New York City Department of Education isn’t able to cover the costs of the exceptional education we want for our children. That’s where the PTA comes in. We supplement the DOE’s budget, raising additional funds so that our school is able to provide the most enriching curriculum possible. But that’s not all! Our fundraising needs are unique since we aim to support BOTH the academic and music sides of the curriculum.
SMS Annual Appeal
Supporting the SMS Annual Appeal enables the PTA to pay for crucial enrichment initiatives, like:
- professional development
- advanced placement training
- technology upgrades
- classroom supplies
- capital improvements
- field trips
- graduation events
- National Dance Institute (K-5)
- a high school musical
- art supplies
Your donations also help support community building events such as the Halloween Party, an annual ice skating outing at Chelsea Piers, parent mixers and more.
Our goal this year is to fund our ENTIRE BUDGET through the Annual Appeal!
Are you dreading the upcoming pleas for PTA contributions? Are perpetual fundraising initiatives keeping you from attending PTA meetings and getting involved in the school? We get it! That’s why we’re trying something radical: A ONE AND DONE approach to PTA fundraising. Support the SMS Annual Appeal today and, if we meet our target, we won’t have to ask for money again this year! Imagine: No more constant requests for contributions, no more labor intensive additional fundraisers to plan and support. Only fun community events to enjoy! If this sounds like something you can get behind, please donate to the PTA today! In order for us to raise the funds necessary to cover this year’s budget, we need every family to contribute! Yup, that’s 100% participation. Suggested contributions follow, but please know, no amount is too small. And, as the PTA is a 501(c)3 organization, donations are tax deductible. Thank you for your support!
Suggested 2021-22 Contributions Per Student
|No amount too small||
WAYS TO GIVE
Please include student’s name and grade in all donation comments or notes
Credit Card or PayPal
- Click HERE to make a one-time, 100% fee-free donation via PayPal Giving Fund (you do not need a PayPal account; receive an immediate tax receipt)
- Click HERE to make a monthly donation via PayPal (check the monthly donation box; the PTA may incur a small fee; tax receipts sent by the SMS PTA treasurers twice/year)
- Payable to “SMS PTA”
- Drop in the gray SMS mailbox in the KMC lobby or mail to: SMS PTA, c/o Kaufman Music Center, 129 W. 67th St., New York, NY 10023
- Your employer’s Matching Gifts program could double or even triple the amount of your donation! Contact your company’s HR department to see if they participate! (More Info Here)
The following merchants donate a percentage of your purchase to the PTA
- Amazon Smile: Click HERE to register “Special Music School PTA” with Amazon, then shop smile.amazon.com.
- Mabel’s Labels: Buy clothing labels, bag tags, safety products and more.
Questions? Contact email@example.com