Thank you to the following parents serving as representatives for each respective grade.
Class parents are your “go-to” people for immediate questions/concerns you may have pertaining to your class, upcoming events, etc. Please help them out whenever possible in planning class events, field trips, etc.
Class Parent Role
- To serve as the communication link between the classroom teacher, parents/families of the class, the PTA, and our school.
- Act as a resource by answering questions for parents, especially for those new to your classroom.
- Contribute to the well-being and stability of the class and the entire school.
- Set up and maintain classroom e-mail group list.
- Attend class parent meetings twice a year (Fall and Spring) to share ideas and offer feedback.
- Attend PTA meetings to stay informed of what’s happening at SMS.
- Encourage parents to read PTA minutes (which are posted within one week of the meeting) and solicit feedback to be passed on to the PTA.
- Maintain regular contact with your class teacher to find out how parents can best assist with class activities.
- Establish connections with class families, get to know their skills and solicit volunteers for school wide events.
- Send out reminders—via email, phone or notes that go home with the kids—about upcoming events, meetings, field trips and needs for donations or volunteers.
- Coordinate social events throughout the year to build community (e.g., mid-year picnic, a holiday party or an end-of-year gathering).
- Check with your parents and teacher to see what they would most like to do.
- Assist the teacher by helping to coordinate class related activities and securing parental participation.
- Coordinate teacher gifts (typically during the winter holiday and end of year).