Every parent or guardian of a SMS student as well as every teacher at SMS is a member of the Special Music School PTA.
What the SMS PTA Does
The PTA plans, organizes, and runs numerous community events to bring together SMS families and raise funds for all our programs. The PTA brings events such as Halloween party, ice-skating party, and also help organize Fundraising events for PTA and Kaufman Music Center.The PTA raises funds for a wide array of expenditures, including:
- Providing funds for teachers to keep the class libraries up to date
- National Dance Institute (K-5)
- Technology Updates such as Smart Board for classrooms
- Advances Placement Courses for our Teachers
- Ice Skating Day at Chelsea Piers
- Community-building events
- Classroom supplies for all academic teachers.
- Art supplies.
- Play yard renovations, equipment and supplies
- Help to fundraise for the Kaufman Music Center
Special Music School PTA Executive Board Officers (2018-2019)
The Special Music School PTA publishes its 990 tax form in accordance with IRS regulations.
To view the most recent Form 990, click HERE
Contact the SMS PTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach any of the Executive Board members