SMS Online Auction will be live from NOVEMBER 16 to DECEMBER 2 at www.BiddingForGood.com
The auction is the PTA’s BIGGEST FUNDRAISER of the
year (remember: we fundraise for the music program separately). The money goes to enrichment activities, like field trips and NDI; classroom teacher support, including art and science supplies; technology upgrades; AP and general teacher training; and more.
To succeed, WE NEED DONATIONS: AT LEAST ONE PER FAMILY (ONE PER ADVISORY FOR HIGH SCHOOL FAMILIES), but don’t hesitate to donate more! The more donations we receive, the more money we raise.
What can you donate? For ideas, consider this year’s categories:
• Culture & Entertainment: Tickets: to concerts, sporting events, theater productions (ballet, opera, philharmonic, TV tapings, movies…)
• Made by Hand: Something homemade, like baked goods, meals, crafts
• Help is On The Way: Services such as practice coaching, piano accompaniment, babysitting, tutoring
• Eat, Drink & Be Merry: A case of wine, a gift certificate to a restaurant, gourmet food shop, coffee bar or grocery store, etc.
• Gift Cards Galore: Amazon, iTunes, Netflix, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, bookstores, etc.
• There Must Be An App for That: Popular electronics, like smart watches, tablets, gaming consoles, virtual assistants, etc.
• Membership Has Its Privileges: Memberships and passes to museums, gyms, fitness studios, etc.
• Camps & Programs: Discounts or passes to summer or holiday camps and programs, after-school activities, festivals and more
• Nostalgia: Very gently used instruments and accessories (like music stands, shoulder rests, metronome, cases), books (especially collections of popular children’s series) and coveted items from the past (a Radio Flyer wagon, Schwinn bike, disco ball
• Travel & Leisure: A stay in your weekend/vacation home, a weekend in an inn or hotel, a cruise on your sailboat, a Peloton bike or custom bike…
• Fun & Games: Brand new books/toys/games
• In Style: a designer handbag, a gift certificate to a day spa or shopping destination…
Unless otherwise noted, ALL ITEMS MUST BE NEW AND UNUSED.
Two ways to submit your donation
Via the “Donate Items” button on our BiddingForGood auction homepage
By downloading the 2018 SMS Auction Donation Form, filling it out, then dropping it in the PTA folder at the Kaufman Music Center front desk or with Lisa Stump at SMSHS.
DONATE BY November 11