SMS PTA funds:
Many activities including NDI and field trips, tech upgrades, building improvement & repairs and school supplies that our kids need, and the DOE does not have the resources to provide. That is where the PTA steps in.
What does the PTA support? (for a complete list, contact us!)
- Technology for remote learning
- Remote learning resources
- Classroom Fund
- Professional development for teachers
- Spanish language classes (MS)
- Physical Education and National Dance Institute (NDI)
- Student performance opportunities
- Capital improvements
Kaufman Music Center funds:
The Funding for the Music Education of SMS
The music education of our children which costs upward of $8,000 per year, per student. The Kaufman Music Center does an incredible job covering these expenses, but, as parents to the recipient student, we need to give back.
Supporting the Kaufman Music Center
Please be as generous to the Kaufman Music Center as you can — you can even name a seat in Merkin Hall or add your name to a wall. Go to the KMC Donation Page to contribute which are also fully tax deductible.
Ways to SUPPORT the SMS PTA
- Give to the PTA Annual Giving
- Donate items and bid on items at the annual Online Auction
- Go to the Halloween Party
- Collect Box Tops
- Amazon: Click this link to register SMS PTA with Amazon. Then shop at https://smile.amazon.com and SMS PTA will earn a percentage every time!!
- Boon Supply: Get gifts for family, friends or yourself and household items at Boon Supply and SMS earns 50% of ALL SALES!
- Mabel’s Labels: For all your labeling needs while supporting SMS, go to Mabel’s Labels.
- Fairway: Get your Fairway Community partner card at the PTA Meetings or from Lisa Stump (or the PTA president). 3% of every purchase goes directly to SMS.