Skip to content
Class Parent Role
- To serve as the communication link between the classroom teachers (K-8) or advisors (9-12) and parents/guardians of the grade, the PTA, and the school.
- Act as a resource by answering questions of parents, especially for those new to the grade.
- Set up and maintain grade e-mail group list.
- Attend class parent meetings twice a year (Fall and Spring) to share ideas and offer feedback.
- Attend PTA meetings and share info relevant to the class.
- Maintain regular contact with classroom teachers (K-8) or advisors (9-12) to find out how parents can best assist with grade activities.
- Establish connections with class families, get to know their skills and solicit volunteers for school wide events.
- Send out occasional reminders about upcoming events, meetings, field trips and needs for donations or volunteers.
- Coordinate social events throughout the year to build community (e.g., mid-year picnic, a holiday party or an end-of-year gathering).
- Assist teachers by helping to coordinate class related activities and securing parental participation.
- Coordinate teacher gifts (typically during the winter holiday and end of year).