Dear SMS Parents:
For this year’s Chess Program, classes will take place in the spacious, friendly room of Mr. Blom’s English Class at the SMS High School:
Dates for Fall Semester 2108:
Sept 7, 14, 21, 28 Oct 5, 12, 19, 26 Nov 2, 9, 16, 30 Dec 7, 14
Here is the plan for the HS students:
- Where: 122 Amsterdam Ave, SMS HS, please gather in between entrance doors between 3pm and 3:10pm
- Carlos Sanchez, the Chess teacher and his assistant will take the HS students downstairs.
- The class is from 3:15 – 4:30pm
- Sign up possible directly after class.
- 2:50 – 3pm: Meeting with Mr. Ros (K-8 teachers aid) in the KMC lobby. He will bring the kids and parents over the the HS.
- Where: 122 Amsterdam Ave, SMS HS, please gather in between entrance doors between 3pm and 3:10pm.
- Carlos Sanchez, the Chess teacher and his assistant will take all students downstairs to the class room.
- The class is from 3:15 – 4:30pm.
- Sign up possible directly after class. (Check, CC, Cash)
- 75 minute class
- Fresh Fruit Snack
- 14 classes: $490
- Class capped at 20 students, in case of high demand possible cap at 24 students
- 2 teachers no matter how many students
- Sorry, no sibling discounts
- No refunds
Payment options: Check, Cash, Credit Card (via phone, email, or in person)
For check payments: Please make out check to Super Fun Chess Corp. for the amount of $490
For credit card payments via email, send student first last name, grade, phone number & CC info to email@example.com
For credit card payments via phone: 201-606-3585
Here is a brief bio of Carlos Sanchez, the Chess Teacher:
A master strength blitz chess player and full time chess teacher and chess coach, Carlos Sanchez – Super Fun Chess Corp, has taught chess to more than 10,000 students throughout the Tri-State area for the last 17 years. His teaching approach caters to all learning styles. Through rhythm, rhyme, dance, chanting and singing, his classes make learning the game of chess super fun helping to motivate, inspire, and make classes memorable to all students. Consequently his elective after school chess classes boast 50/50 gender enrollment (ask about the all girl’s chess team). Carlos’ revolutionary curriculum includes handheld computers for every student with fun and exciting chess puzzles covering abilities from Kindergarten all the way up. This is a super fun and high energy chess program geared towards building the chess culture and skills to produce a Scholastic Champion School Chess Team.
You can see Carlos in action in the video below: